Recipe for Margarita Blood Orange
I am not very adept at the cocktails but the margaritas are something that I love, so much so that I consider myself to be an expert in his preparation and I am always in search of the best places in margaritas, some day I will make a list of the best places; meanwhile I leave you this recipe of Margarita Blood Orange very easy to make and perfect for our parties.
- Kosher salt, to escarchar the cup or glass. The salt from Williams Sonoma special for Margaritas is perfect for this cocktail
- 1 wedge of lemon
- 1 1/2 ounces of Tequila 100% agave silver (white)
- 1 ounce of orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 ounce of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce of simple Syrup
- 1/4 oz orange liqueur, triple sec, preferably Luxardo Triplum or Cointreau
MODE OF PREPARATION
Pour enough salt on a small plate for escarchar. Rub the wedge of lemon on the outer edge of a cocktail glass, do not squeeze just for wet the edge of the glass; let the lemon to one side. Holding the glass at a 45-degree angle, dip the rim in the salt, rotating the glass until the entire rim is coated. (Avoid putting salt in the interior of the vessel.) Leave the glass to one side.
Place the remaining ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Fill the shaker halfway with ice and shake vigorously until the outside is frosty, about 20 seconds.
Go into the vessel prepared, and decorate with the lemon wedge reserved.
Tips: To prepare cocktails is always a good idea to have a set of cocktail bar, Williams Sonoma find a very good price and with some luck even with a discount. Remember that can be ordered online with home delivery here
Buy good tequila to build your cocktail bar, and avoid them with tequilas of low quality, your body will thank you the next day.