Recipe Stew of ground beef and beans to the mexican
I love the stews, are the concentration of flavors that can be achieved by letting the ingredients cook slowly and for hours, drawing every last drop of flavor from each and every one of them. A great way of cooking a stew is a slow cooker, that you can leave cooking these delicacies while going to sleep (the food will be ready when you wake up) or while you go to work, or go to the gym, or take the children to the evening classes; in the end, that having a slow cooker is one of the best appliances that we have at home and if you do not have a do not expect to go for a. I can recommend the one that is sold at Williams Sonoma slow cooker from Breville that guarantees them a long life ( and with luck to find it with a discount) is found here. And well, I hope you like it as much as me, this delicious Stew of ground beef and beans to the mexican, who has light notes tex-mex (please do not criticize that also has their own thing).
For the soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 kg of chopped beef lean, it can also be chicken or any other meat of your choice
- 2 cups chopped white onion, in chunks of about 1/2 inch
- kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 420 grams cooked black beans (15 oz can)
- 450 grams of pinto beans low cooked (15 oz can)
- 450 grams corn kernels whole
- 450 grams of tomato sauce cooked on the mexican
- 450 grams of diced tomatoes
- 50 grams green chilies, cut it cubes
- 140 grams black olives, drained
- Spices for seasoning 1 teaspoon paprika, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 3/4 teaspoon of onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon sugar and 1/8 teaspoon of ground oregano ground.
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar and / or Monterey Jack cheese
- Green grilled onions & sliced
- Jalapenos fresh or pickled sliced
- Strips of toasted tortillas or chips, optional
Food Advertising by
MODE OF PREPARATION
Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and heat up the oil. Add the onion and cook until soft and transparent, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate and leave to one side.
Add the ground beef to the pan and cook until the meat is cooked well, stirring with a wooden spoon to break the pieces. Add the onions and mix well. Season with salt and black pepper. Drain the remaining fat from the pan and add the mixture to your slow cooker (if you do this in a normal pot it in a pot style Dutch oven that are cast iron).
Add the beans, corn, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes, green chilies, olives, and the species previously measured and mixed in a cup with 2/3 water. Bring the pot to a simmer, and cook for 4 hours (in the cast iron pot can take more time and must check that it does not dry out by adding beef broth)
Serve the stew on mixing bowls as a soup and decorate each one with a dollop of sour cream, cheese, cebollitas de cambray and jalapeno. Serve the strips of tortilla optional on the stew and enjoy!